Friday, November 7, 2014

Long Time No See!

好久不见!Hao jiu bu jian!A phrase we actually took from China more or less.
So...it has been quite a long while! I was expecting not to post during the summer but this was just getting plain lazy.  It's not that I haven't been doing art, just....life sort of throws moe and more things at you and you end up neglecting your beloved art blog.
So..I am officially back in China! And this time for a farily long 2 year haul. : ) I'm in a new city, Shunde, which is home to Bruce Lee, one of the best cuisines of China and an amazing proximity to just about everything. It's bigger and much richer than my previous city, so I will have plenty of new experiences and contrasts over here. (for example I have not seen buttless pants or tuk tuks, which to be honest I sort of miss) I've been here now for over 2 months and am in love. I can see myself spending a lot longer than 2 years to be honest. My job is fantastic and inspiring. I am teaching wonderful little 3 year olds not just english, but everything from manners, to cooking to sports and art. Expect to see a lot of toddler art in upcoming posts...
I'll be diligent with uploading new stuff every week, even if it's just a few sketches. Enjoy my life from the Middle Kingdom once again!
Oh, and I still don't have a scanner so....bear with the quality while it ships its slow way to me from Canada....






No comments:

Post a Comment