Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gettin' Kinky with Conté

Ever wonder what my life drawings look like when I spend 20 minutes on them? I did too. Now I know. This was about a 25 minute pose.

Hello again! Update in the middle of the week? Mhmm, I like to keep you on your toes. Also I just decided to eat at midnight and can no longer sleep so what better things to do than photograph your most recent batch of life drawings?
I've been having a bit of trouble getting into the fundies rooms lately so as a result I've moved into the illustration department (dun dun dun...) where people shade and draw really well and the poses usually START at 5 minutes. It's different pace altogether but it really let me try out some different things I've been itching to try. The lighting is sweet and being in a room with that much talent really pushes you to try harder. I think I found my new room. (And why is there a general trend of illustration students looking like supermodels while the animation students look like bums?? I feel even more hobo-esque nowadays) Anyways, let's get on with it!


One of my fave pieces so far I think. Totally exaggerated her boniness just for the hell of it but really got into the pose. Portfolio worthy perhaps?? Copic marker. 10 minutes.


These two were also a ton of fun to do. Once you kind of drop the whole "has to be perfectly proportionate" bit and really just focus on the flow of the body, it still seems to come out proportionate even with the exaggeration and simplification of things...

15 minutes, nothing special, but at least it's finished?

I wish I fit her foot on the damn page! Was so happy with how this one came out until I hit that point..


More marker fun!


Cuz backs are the sexiest thing to draw. And super difficult to get them just right!

Hope you enjoyed these and feel free to tear down my ego at any point! : D

No comments:

Post a Comment